Friday 22 February 2013

Too much humidity....

The other day I looked in my smaller luggage for something, I think it was my other pair of sandals.  Anyways, I quickly realized something as very wrong.  I had 3 pairs of shoes/sandals just stored in my small luggage, just to keep them out of my way.

So I pulled out my white flip flops and they seemed a little dusty.  I thought that was strange, because they were inside the luggage and zipped up.  Then I took out my black sneakers and they were polka-dotted green.  I very quickly realized they had grown mold! Ewww.

Then, I pulled out my other sandals, which are Birks, so they have a leather sole.....and they were absolutely disgusting.  The soles are covered in mold.

Someone has lent me some shoe shampoo.  I will try it out today.  I'm not sure how it will turn out.  Apparently the humidity during the rainy season will do that.  Especially if you haven't worn your shoes for a while.

The only good part of this story is, I had a science class the next day and we just so happened to be learning about microorganisms including mold....so I brought in a shoe and we made a wet prep and looked at it under the microscope.

Here's what my shoes looked like when I pulled them out.


1 comment: